Multiple layered sub-folders

Bruce Steinberg shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

We are embedded with BMC 9.1.03 so I am not sure what version of Smart Reporting we are using.

Is there any plan to add additional sub-folder layers to the Content Folders?

Currently we can create a Parent folder and then individual sub-folders, but not able to create a sub-folder to a sub-folder

Current

Parent Folder

- Sub Folder

- Sub Folder

Desire

Parent Folder

- Sub Folder

- Sub Folder child

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best Answer
photo

Hi Carlo,

I hope all is well,

I have gone ahead and created this Idea Ticket. We can track this here. Going forward I will mark this as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Bruce,

While this has been raised by several clients, it is not currently in our medium term road-map.

That said it has not been entirely ruled out so may be something we look at implementing within the next year or so, though BMC will typically be at least a few months behind our most recent builds so I would not recommend planning on this being possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

whaaaaa! :)

Thanks for the fast response.

photo

No problem, sorry for the bad news! I am going to close this, but let me know if you have any more questions.

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Has the option to have a sub-folder within a sub-folder ever been implemented?

Thanks,

Carlo

photo

Hi Carlo,

I hope all is well,

I have assigned this as Neal no longer works at Yellowfin.

Unfortunately this has yet to be implemented, I know it's been a good few years since this was raised, however no movement with regards to seeing this as of yet. As you are aware we can only create the following:

Parent Folder

- Sub Folder

- Sub Folder

629aa7cb1545ba4b467c633f8d7a92dd

We do not have the option to add a Child > Child Folder.

With this, I can certainly help with getting this raised and brought to the development team. I can have an Idea ticket created. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Carlo,

I hope all is well,

It's been 26 hours since my initial response, with this I just want ot ouch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the feedback. So I understand this is not possible.

Then if you could have the Idea ticket created, that would be nice.

Regards,

Carlo

photo
photo

Hi Carlo,

I hope all is well,

I have gone ahead and created this Idea Ticket. We can track this here. Going forward I will mark this as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file