Quick Way to Move to End of Column Headings

EDW Support shared this question 19 months ago
Answered

Hi

Is there a quick way to move to the end of the column headings in Report Builder?

To add a column at the end of the report, I have to click the arrow several times. If added to the end in the report space after scrolling across, the field doesn't appear at the end.

If not available, something simple like different arrows to jump to the end or beginning of the Column or Row headings would be useful. This would be preferable to moving the columns in the Column Formatting page.

/59e11c0b56417810a24e3901783675ad

Thanks

Wendy

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Wendy,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately theres no UI option to jump to the end or scroll through the column headings any quicker, however I currently use a MacBook using a Magic Mouse and this allows me to scroll through quickly, albeit not the option for all users who run on different machines and have different equipment. See attached video.

What next?

As there is no UI option for this, I can suggest that I put in place an Idea ticket so that we have a drop down option on the arrow to allow us to choose start/end.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Mark

Files: A.mov
photo

Hi Wendy,

I know it's only been 28 hours since my last reply, however I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark

As I and my colleagues don't use MacBooks, a new UI option would be good whether a dropdown or button.

Thanks

Wendy

photo

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for getting back to me, I have since looked in to this further of which I found this Idea ticket. This relates in a similar way to the experience you are having. Can I ask if you are ok for me to link this to that Idea ticket? I will add additional information that you provided with regards to the Start/End options.

Let me know.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark

Yes that's OK. I did see that ticket but thought this might have been an easier and quicker option to implement.

regards

Wendy

photo

Hi Wendy,

Going forward with this I have added your request information to the ticket we have with our development team, along with this it would be great to add your comments to that Idea ticket. I will go ahead and mark this Question as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file