Yellowfin Database Details Issue

sreenu shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Dear Yellowfin Team,

Please find the attached screen shot.I am trying to install the yellowfin but it is showing as an error.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello,

This error is usually generated when the databse information is incorrect.

Please check, IP address, port, the SA user exists (it may be case sensitive) and that the password is correct.

Please also make sure that the firewall is not blocking database traffic on that port.

Please confirm these details and then try the installation again.

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Dear Peter,

I checked, IP address, port, the SA user and that the password is correct only.

How to identify the firewall is blocking or not.

Thanks,

photo

it appears you are running windows (of some flavour) - search for windows firewall

If you are running "Windows Server" the default action of windows firewall is to block all connections - you will need to add a TCP/IP exception on the port numbers for the DB server and for the incoming connection port for Yellowfin.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Peter,

Please can you send any screen shots.

Thanks,

photo

Hello Sreenu,

As every version of windows is different, can you tell us what version of windows you are using on both the database server and the Yellowfin server?

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Peter,

I am using window 7 ,database sql server 2014 and yellowfin version 7.3

photo
photo

Hi Sreenu,

We don't have any documentation on disabling the Windows Firewall, however there are a bunch of articles here you can refer to.

Though what you're seeing is not necessarily a firewall thing.

Just to be clear, the problem here is that Yellowfin is unable to connect to you the database you have specified, and there are a number of reasons for this. I'll do my best to get this resolved for you, but keep in mind these reasons are DB/OS/Security related, and not actually related to the Yellowfin product.

Firstly, you want to ensure the IP address is correct.

How to check the IP address of your database sever

Then, you want to ensure you can connect to that server on the DB port, in your case this is 1433.

If you wanted to ensure that 1433 port is correct, check this article.

How to check listening port of SQL Server . Note the SQL you can run to check this.

Once you have confirmed the IP and Port, you need to ensure that it actually allows connections via TCP.

This is usually the problem.

See these articles on how to configure.

-How to: Configure a Server to Listen on a Specific TCP Port

-How do I configure SQL Server Express to allow remote tcp/ip connections on port 1433

-Install Yelliowfin on SQL Server

Now if you've done everything correctly, you will be able to connect via the YF installer.

If you still cannot connect and you believe the details are correct, you can confirm the details in 2 ways;

-Perform a telnet test

-Use a 3rd part DB tool like DB Vis or SQL Squirell to test the connection . As these tools use the same JDBC method as Yellowfin

Please let us know how it all goes.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Sreenu, how did you go with thee above?

Regards,

David

photo
photo

Hi Sreenu,

Just checking in to see how it's all going?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi Sreenu,

Going to assume the info passed across sorted your issue.

Please let me know if this is not the case.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file