GUI After Upgrade From 7.1 to 7.3

Megha Shah shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

After upgrading from 7.1 to 7.3+, I still have the 7.1-style top navigation instead of the updated 7.3 GUI that I get with a full install.

9f377c30e29bc1cf4286abb3eb4bdb14

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Megha,

Thanks for reaching out with your issue. When upgrading from 7.1, Yellowfin maintains the 'Toolbar Navigation' that is native to that installation. In order to move over to the new 'Left Side Navigation', you'll need to update a setting.

Browse to 'Administration' > 'Configuration' > Gear icon > 'General Settings' > 'Navigation Style' and set this to 'Left Side Navigation':

77fa12d0a2951de9c34fac2b97de96f9

After saving this, you'll have the updated Left Navigation style present in our newer versions of Yellowfin:

b76d6c30a4238de4f1398d58cc09cd00

For a more hands-off approach to setting this during installation, it would be possible to issue a SQL Query post-install by including a postinstall.xml file in your installer with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<sql>
  <query>UPDATE Configuration SET ConfigData='LEFT' WHERE ConfigCode='NAVIGATION_STYLE'</query>
</sql>
Which issues against the Configuration database after the upgrade is complete.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thanks Ryan.

Will this query bring back all the features of v7.35?

In the snapshot you shared, I don’t see the floating menu button that initially appears on the right top corner of the page.

Thanks,

Megha Shah

photo

Hello Megha,

Indeed, the query mentioned will provide the same functionality of setting this manually through the shown GUI. This includes the floating '+' icon. If you experience different behavior, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file