Specify parent filter lead to NullPointerException

Caesar Gao shared this problem 20 months ago
Resolved

One issue regarding report filter configuration is currently encountered . When we trying to export a report with specify parent filters set, an error will occur and NullPointerException is thrown. In our case:

1. create a report with filters A and B.
  2. specify B filter's parent filter to A and turn on "Dependent Values".
  3. try to export this report see if error pop out, please find example in attachment.

See if you can reproduce this issue and looking for the update. Thanks

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Caesar,

I'll take a look into this issue and get back to you with my findings. Can I ask which version of Yellowfin 9 you're currently running?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

The Yellowfin version is 9.7.0.3, not sure if that happens in this version only.

Thanks,

Caesar

photo
photo

Hi Caesar,

I did not run in to this issue when creating a test report with Ski Team data, using the method you described, in Yellowfin 9.7.1.

/956a2e9984de1892029834efe24976d8

/ba96eede33800bb180e23b9276953205

/671085faca13570ae1ea2e27e85eb03e

What's the complexity of your report like? What happens if you build a similar report that's based off a different view?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Thanks for you help, looks interesting, above are exactly what I did to recur this issue.

We are planning to upgrade to 9.7.1 soon and I will have a try in the new version as well.

Meanwhile, I will try with a simple view/repot see if it happens.

Regards,

Caesar.

photo

Hi Caesar,

Hope you're well.

Just checking in to see if you were able to test with a simple report or whether you want to hold out until your upgrade.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your following up.

I tried reproduce this issue with a simple view and report, looks working.

On the other hand, will try to test again after upgrade, and locate which part causing this.

Kind Regards,

Caesar

photo

Hi Caesar,

No worries. I'll close this off for now. If you're still having issues after your upgrade, we can of course revisit this again, just reply to the ticket and it'll reopen.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file