Yellowfin with OpenID Connect

Hiroyuki Adachi shared this idea 20 months ago
Idea Logged

Does anyone know the cases having implemented SSO solution of Yellowfin with OpenID Connect?

How are the tokens issued by OpenID Connect processed to transfer authentication data to Yellowfin server?

For instance, tokens issued by OpenID Connect are used as JWT which can be used as SSO token for Yelowfin (not sure this is possible). Or, extracting a part of information from tokens and passes it to Yellowfin via REST API. There may be other possibilities.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Hiroyuki,

Thanks for reaching out. We don't currently support this out-of-the-box, but there is an existing task to support OpenID SSO in a future build. Would you like me to add you as an affected client for additional visibility and tracking purposes?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric

Could you add me as an affected client for additional visibility and tracking purposes?

My customer uses OpenID Connect as their integrated authentication platform and will need this new function in the future.

By the way, this was originally my question. I asked Hiroyuki to post this, since I did not have my account when this was posted.

photo

Hi Junya,

Thanks for the reply here. Tracking is done by Customer Name in our Dev platform, could I get Customer Name in this case?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

I will send you a message with the customer's name via Teams Chat.

Cheers,

Junya

photo

Hi Eric.I sent you the customer's name via Teams chat on July 20.

Please understand that I cannot mention the customer's name here from confidentiality reason.

photo
photo

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay here, I've got the client added to the task and will in turn mark this ticket as Idea Logged at this time. Updates will be provided here as they become available. Feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric Hagfors

Do we have any update on this? Looking for Open ID Connect availability feature integration status?

photo

Hi Udayakumar,

No updates to report at this time, you can request escalation on this through your account manager if needed, task ID here is YFN-20000.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file