How I can share a dashboard URL with a person without creating a user?

Pratap Singh shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

How I can share a dashboard URL with a person without creating a user?

Best Answer
photo

Pratap,

This is correct, I would highly recommend you discuss this with your Account Manager of whom can assist further with getting set up with the correct Licence.

As per our guide, below are our notes from the wiki link listed in my previous response:

3025ff75b557f9ffeccd47532dde78c2

Regards,

Mark

Replies (14)

photo

Hi Pratap,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately the Share link in each Dashboard tab drop-down menu, can only be distributed to other users within your YF Installation. As an alternative option I would recommend exporting to PDF then sharing with however way needed.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response, actually I want to share a live dashboard with someone who doesn't have yellowfin user.

PDF will not be interactive, is there any other alternative which you can suggest, what about guest roles and what actually they do?

Regards

Pratap

photo

Hello Mark,

Can this be considered as an enhancement request?

Regards,

Abhay

photo

Hi Pratap,

Unfortunately our only possible option at this point if you require a "live dashboard" to be shared with a non user would be as you stated the Guest Role, although in order to carry out this; you would need a server licence. More information can be found here and with your Account Manager of whom can discuss your options further.

Let me know if you require any further assistance Pratap, I would be happy to assist where I can.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Abhay,

This is possible through Guest User, although as stated a server licence would be needed.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

server license you mean Non-localhost license?

If someone already have a server license he can create a guest user, right?

Regards

Pratap

photo

Pratap,

This is correct, I would highly recommend you discuss this with your Account Manager of whom can assist further with getting set up with the correct Licence.

As per our guide, below are our notes from the wiki link listed in my previous response:

3025ff75b557f9ffeccd47532dde78c2

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Abhay/Pratap,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this Question as answered due this this functionality being possible through a Server Licence. If you wish to discuss further please do not hesitate to re-open. Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Mark

photo

I'd like to revive this issue. I have a similar situation as described here: I've set up the guest user and an unsecure folder and seek to embed reports and dashboards in SharePoint. My reports load on the SharePoint site (using an iframe with the report's https URL) without asking for a login, which is great. But the dashboard, which references only those reports and is in the same folder, asks for a login.

Can you say more about how to make a dashboard - or tabs of it - unsecure so that it can be accessed via URL without login? The post I linked above makes it sound like that was impossible six years ago, but the "you can also access 'unsecure' dashboard tabs" implies that has changed.

photo

Hi Sam,

I hops all is well and apologies for the delay in responding. Going forward with this question raised I have gone ahead and created a new ticket, this can be found here.

Please bear with us whilst we work to get a response. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks for the reply and opening the new ticket! That works for me.

photo

Hi Sam,

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hi Support,

I would like to know if a task has been created for this:

"Unfortunately the Share link in each Dashboard tab drop-down menu, can only be distributed to other users within your YF Installation. As an alternative option I would recommend exporting to PDF then sharing with however way needed."

Kind regards,

Mikayla

photo

Hi Mikayla,

I hope all is well,

There is no task (Idea) for this as this is possible by enabling Guest User, although as stated within our wiki here, you must have a Server Licence in order to achieve this. Unfortunately this is the only direction of achieving this as this stands and very much doubtful to be present in future versions of Yellowfin.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mikayla,

I hope all is well,

It's been 5 days since my last response, with this I just want to touch base to see if my response was helpful in anyway, if you can get back to me that would be great. I am keen to get this resolved asap.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mikayla,

I hope all is well,

It's been 13 days since your last response, with this I just want to touch base to see if all is well. If you can get back to me that would be great.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Hope you are well.

Apologies for the delay.

I am still in the process of testing this, however no luck just yet, I will get back to you regarding this as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Mikayla

photo

Hi Mikayla,

Thank you for letting me know. I will go ahead and mark this as Awaiting Reply and check in early next week.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mikayla,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see how things are going your end and if you had chance to give this a once over, if you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mikayla,

I hope all is well and I hope you had a great weekend. Going forward I just want to touch base to see how it's going and if I can be of any additional assistance.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

All is good thank you, hope everything is great on your side too.

I did some testing regarding the "Share" option of a dashboard and even with a multi cast license, I am not able to share a dashboard with that external user.

However if I create that user within Yellowfin, mark the user as 'Inactive with email' this works.

The testing was done on 9.7.1

Kind regards,

Mikayla

photo

HI Mikayla,

I hope all is well and apologies for the delay in responding. I have since tested this at my end and I got this working by venturing to the Guest role functions of which I enabled 'Personal Dashboards' & 'Public Dashboards'

After enabling these option - I was then able to view an embedded dashboard without signing in -

44303e0fa3103791526ae4ed9f8b30f6

Let me know if that helps, if not, I would be more than happy to jump on a remote session for one of the days next week so we can discuss this further.

Regards

Mark

photo

Hi Mikayla,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if all is well as it's been 11 days since I last heard from you, if you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Hope you are well.

Apologies for the delayed response.

Yes this works with a Yellowfin User, however, I am trying to achieve this by not creating this user within Yellowfin and simply sharing the broadcast with them.

I'm not looking to embed the Dashboard, just to share a PDF export of it. Please do let me know if you would like me to create a different ticket for this?

Kind regards,

Mikayla

photo

Hi Mikayla,

I have created a new ticket on your behalf. I will communicate via that and mark this as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file