Changing chart settings of a report in dashboards

Daniel shared this question 21 months ago
Answered

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to change the settings of a chart that related report is part of a dashboard? For example I have a report with a pie chart. After adding this chart to my dashboard, I want to decrease the font size of the labels as they are too big for my dashboard, but the font size in the chart of the report should stay the same. Is this maybe possible in Yellowfin 9 using Code Mode?

Best regards,

Daniel

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Daniel,

I hope you're well!

This may be possible using Code Mode. On the dashboard, charts are rendered as individual elements, however it may be possible to go in to each chart, find out the IDs for particular elements you want to change and then override them on the dashboard CSS. That said, I'm not entirely sure on the specifics of how to go about this, so I will ask our dashboard-building consultant Brett and get back to you with an answer. However he is currently out of the office so it may take a couple of days.

With the time it would take to do this for multiple charts, it may be easier instead to duplicate the existing charts and modify them as appropriate to create versions specifically for the dashboard.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your reply. That would be insteresting to know how to set up this using Code Mode. But we can also think about the alternative solution you mentioned, thank you!

Best regards,

Daniel

photo

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your patience here. I spoke with Brett and it looks like this isn't possible via code mode. There are chart and content settings in the admin console for styling things in a more holistic approach.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,

Daniel

photo

No worries, Daniel.

Enjoy your weekend!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file