Embedded Dashboard Bookmark

Allen Manuszak shared this idea 21 months ago
Completed

We have an embedded Dashboard that does not display the Bookmark Filter :/6d2a85dade0f42112fd0d3c160e2de43

In our Yellowfin Dashboard it shows up:/eb8e4dae5b7fca4f8df9e92694ac7cd0

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Allen,

Thanks for reaching out. Forgive me but a quick low hanging question before testing -There's the possibility of having external facing dashboards in Yellowfin; is this a public dashboard that is embedded? Is the user logged into Yellowfin when viewing the dashboard? I don't think a bookmark icon would be expected to show in that case, as there's no one to bookmark against.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

The dashboard we are trying to embed is a public dashboard for the organization it is associated. To see the embedded dashboard, the user is logged into Yellowfin to get a token that is passed to the JsAPI to establish connectivity for the dashboard content being returned.

The actual question I need answered is: Can the filtered bookmark be turned on for an JsAPI embedded dashboard? If so, how would that be accomplished? Is it a setting inside Yellowfin that needs to be modified or is it a property that needs to be provided when embedding the dashboard into the web application? If it is the latter, what is the property name?

Thanks,

Allen

photo

Hi Allen,

Thanks for the reply here. I can see in our documentation that we have web service calls for getting user data like favorites, but I see nothing on file for similar bookmark functionality, even in legacy API. I think that'd be the functionality needed here, so those bookmarks could be retrieved and used in API functions, does this sound accurate? If so, I can get a request to devs on your behalf.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Yes, please request to devs on my behalf.

Thanks,

Allen

photo

Hi Allen,

Thanks for the clarification. I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into potentially adding this functionality to a future version of the application. I've attached this ticket to the task and added your organization as an affected client for tracking purposes. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

How come the status changed from in Progress back to Idea Logged?

Thank you,

Allen Manuszak

photo

Hi Allen,

An account manager wanted me to look into a potentially related task that was resolved in 9.8.1, it did not reflect your situation completely however. It could be worth a try to test in the newest version but I don't believe the resolution in question would resolve, so I kept the related dev task open on your behalf. Hope this helps clear things up.

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Hi Allen,

Good news, 9.9 has been released with this fix, you can find the announcement here -

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/announcement/yellowfin-9-9-has-been-published

I'll go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed at this time, feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file