PDF Export Spitting Reports along Page Lines

Alexander Hwong shared this idea 21 months ago
Idea Logged

There are some weird formatting issues with the default PDF export when exporting dashboards.

Attached are 3 examples, with the settings. I changed the setting so that it would Fit to Page, but it looks like some of the titles are formatting weirdly, with larger bold text instead of smaller text, as well as the large numbers looking very narrow.

But the most important thing in these exports is that the Report is being split down the middle between two pages.

Product Version 9.7

Replies (7)

photo

HI Alexander,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

What is the goal here? Landscape? Portrait? Let's focus on that issue.

For Landscape spillover, sounds like there's an option for that - can you check to see how this toggle impacts -

7cccb55cd4b0cd7bbea5dbaa181da525

And for "Fit to page" or the skinny titles, there may be some formatting not coming through. I'd check to see if the font is different for example.

There can be some nuances to PDF output that can make pixel-perfect output difficult, but usually there are ways to set things up in a way that works.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

It doesn't look like I have those options. This is what I'm getting from the Export Defaults - Export Plugin for Dashboard -

/02678ef2ce119bb27569187f72a4aa3b

/80be242e2bee820f39b94374d2564dcb

/1c56bf3686c7240dad66fd6619241cfd

We're going for Portrait Letter.

-Alex

photo

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the reply. I can see we have this page break option for reports, but not dashboards yet it looks like.

/314b75ed03b1896a28cd986b78afe823

I can make a request to get this functionality implemented in a future version. Does this sound like the desired solution here?

Could you test this functionality with a report canvas vs a dashboard to see if this function works for you at the report level at least?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Looks like that functionality is good when exporting via Report.

Yes, we would like that functionality for Dashboard exports, I think that's the desired solution here.

Thanks,

-Alex

photo

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into adding this functionality to a future version of the application. I've attached this ticket to the task and added your organization as an affected client for tracking purposes. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Alex,

Good news - this functionality is set to be included in our upcoming 9.9 release, which should be out before July. I'll keep this open until release.

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Hi Alex,

Sorry for the delay on this, but this fix has been pushed back to 9.11 unfortunately. You may be able to request an interim buld via account manager if needed - task ID here is YFN-24600.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file