Provide ablity to export a presentation to PDF and attach straight to the user's email application

Leah Winterton shared this idea 23 months ago
Idea Logged

We want to push a button in front of a client and say 'I will send this to you in an email'. This would then generate the PDF export file and attach it to the users' mail application.

Replies (12)

photo

Hi Leah,

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestion.

I've logged this Enhancement Request on your behalf with the Product Team for further review. Such requests will be reviewed by our Product Team and implemented based on feasibility, level of positive impact to the user experience, and votes from the community. This post will be updated with any future information relevant to this process.

If you had any questions on this, or anything else please feel free to reach out.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Unless I am misunderstanding the issue here, I believe this can already be done. Here is a screenshot from our prod instance of Yellowfin - I have a presentation open, I click on share, and I can choose to email a pdf. I believe the user has to be already created in Yellowfin, is that the issue?

photo

Hi Leah,

Hope you're having a good week.

Could you please let me know if the function you are looking for is same the one in the screenshot attached? Or if it's something else, kindly share a sample sample image/rough sketch of the page on which we want the functionality.

/22b14733d91af061572e4fd0706646d8

And even there is an option to share on the presentation itself as below:

/49197936eb102891247450c346aa35e4

Best Regards,

Deepak

photo

Hi Leah,

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Could you please help clarify the requirement.

Regards,

Deepak

photo

Hi Leah,

Just wanted to follow up on the idea post created. Could you please help clarify the requirement.

Regards,

Deepak

photo

Hi Deepak,

Apologies, I missed the above messages. This is different because the user will not always want to send the PDF to a Yellowfin user. It is literally just creating a blank email in the user's mail application and attaching the PDF file once it has finished generating. Ideally there would be an API to request a PDF and get it returned in a response so that we do not have to rely on the YF embedded menu.

Thanks, Leah

photo

Hi Leah,

Thanks for your response.

So, our main requirement is to share the presentation as a PDF to unregistered users(users outside of yellowfin? If so, then we can still do it by changing the share settings of the presentation:

/07bb5942871e67b59f096d9f5d3dd4ff

Thanks,

Deepak

photo

Thanks Deepak. We are embedding the presentation - this function needs to be a part of the embedded menu. Have you confirmed how this would work?

Thanks, LEah

photo

Hi Leah,

I don't think it is possible to share the content to an email when a report/dashboard/presentation is embedded into a HTML page. We do have option available to customize the toolbar and other options of an embedded item: https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Advanced+API

/f7fee44ce2f79115a481d39bc0b488e6

Thanks,

Deepak

photo

Thanks Deepak. This is why I made the original request/idea - to add an embedded menu option to attach the PDF straight to a blank email in the user's email application (e.g. Outlook). So not via Yellowfin 'Share' modal. The email would just open with the PDF attached, for the user to send to whoever they need to like this:

/0d84559b8eaa367946ad7b8c01ba773a

photo

Alternative to the above would be away to request Yellowfin to export the Presentation via an API request, and then the response would provide a way to retrieve a copy, so that we could attach in an email or wherever else ourselves.

photo

Hi Leah,

Thanks for clarification that the requirement is with the embedded content. I have appended the clarification notes on the task associated with this idea post.

I will provide you with an update once I hear back from the dev team.

Regards,

Deepak

Leave a Comment

Attach a file