Filtering / unsubscribing from the timeline

Casper Stevenaar shared this idea 21 months ago
Idea Logged

Right now, users who have a lot of access rights (such as admins) are seeing a very large number of posts on their timeline. Is there any way to allow for more fine-grained control of what shows up on the timeline, in order to make it more useful.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Casper,

Thanks for contacting Yellowfin with your question!

We do have Timeline filters, they allow you to customise what appears in your timeline, which you can read more about here. Is that what you're looking for?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

This method of filtering seems a bit too broad for this situation, as almost every option for filtering will filter down until an empty timeline. The only way for anything to be visible is by filtering to `all posts` . A way to filter to follow just specific dashboards would be nice. Right now, it seems like I get updates for anything that gets published that I get access to.

photo

Hi Casper,

I can create an enhancement post for this feature, but could you specify what you mean by filtering specific dashboards? Do you mean being able to watch whether specific dashboards are being updated?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

My initial query was in order to see whether I was missing an existing functionality. From your reply I read that is not the case.

We could log this as an enhancement, but it would very much be a nice to have. We can easily do our work without this feature.

If this were to be implemented, I would like to be able to select and de-select certain reports/dashboards/stories/presentation in order to manage the items that show up on the timeline.

photo

No worries, that's been logged! Hopefully we can see this in a future build of Yellowfin.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file