REST API Call for User Sessions

ethan Kwan shared this idea 22 months ago
Idea Logged

Hi Yellowfin Support Team,

We are looking at implementing some more complex user behavior within the Yellowfin application using code mode. Is there an API call that can return these two items from a user session?

1. user ID

2. user role

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question.

I don't see anything in our documentation to call session information like this via API, but I could make a request to developers to look into implementing this functionality in a future version of the application. Does this sound like a good way forward here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Ethan,

One additional option here, I found a report in our audit content package that may help build this type of functionality outside Yellowfin -

c99caa96648ef4a1d761962b7ef50eed

I've attached the SQL query here for reference. Let me know if you'd like to pursue the developer task for future implementation beyond this.

Thanks,

Eric

Files: session
photo

Hi Ethan,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed due to inactivity at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for taking the time to get on a call today. I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into potentially adding this functionality to a future version of the application. I've attached this ticket to the task and added your organization as an affected client for tracking purposes. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file