Question regarding the "Server Name"

Hiroyuki Adachi shared this question 22 months ago
Answered

One question regarding the "Server Name" displayed on "License Management" page of Yellowfin.

How does Yellowfin get the names of "Server Name" displayed on "Using" column of "License Management" page?

Multiple Server Names are displayed there, including hostname, FQDN, localhost as show below. Which commands and options are used to get them?

• server01
  • server01.yellofin.com
  • localhost

As one of the customer's cases, FQDN displayed on License Management changed and need to understand the logic to get Server Name to explain what happened behind it.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Hiroyuki,

I hope you are well.

It's hard to answer this question at the support level, as it's akin to asking how Yellowfin works programmatically.

You might be best to ask this question of Peter Damen, our lead developer, directly. But he may ask why your customer needs to know. Additionally, we do not want to help customers try to circumvent the license system.

It's likely this is done via a call from Java to the system. There is a similarly asked question here on Stack Overflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7348711/recommended-way-to-get-hostname-in-java

One of the answers recommends to read the COMPUTERNAME variable from System.getenv() on Windows and the HOSTNAME variable on Linux.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply!

I will ask Peter about it.

Regards,

Hiroyuki

photo

Hi Hiroyuki,

No worries! Let me know what he says. I'll move this to answered for now.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file