How to Get Subtabs Filters of the Dashboard using the JS Api's

Arpit Jain shared this idea 22 months ago
Completed

Hi Team,

Trying to find out any methods or JS APIs which will return all the filters of the specific SubTabs.

For example,

We have a Dashboard with the name (AE Sub Tabs)

This Dashboard has 2 Subtabs with the name (T1 & T2)

Subtab T1 has 2 filters with name

i) Study Name

ii) Site Region

Subtab T2 also has 2 filters with name

i) Study Name

ii) Site Country

Note:- These are not the Global Filters as we have unchecked them from the properties hence considered as local filters for that particular subtab itself.

I tried the below function and this return all the filters available for that dashboard. But I need only those filters which are specific to the current or Specific SubTab.

this.dashboardTabView.dashboardsAPI.filters.getAllFilters()

Please let me know if we have any Apis Method or any other workaround for it.

Thanks,

Arpit Jain

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Arpit,

Thanks for reaching out. I think you may be able to retrieve this information for reports at this time -

https://developers.yellowfinbi.com/dev/api-docs/current/#operation/getReportListMetadata

We have no documentation on this type of call for dashboards though. Do you think a similar get "GetDashboardListMetadata" call function that includes filters for a particular sub-tab would achieve what you are looking for here? If so I can get this request to developers.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

There is no such method available for Dashboard. Also, the Subtab functionality is only available on Dashboard hence metadata for reports will not help.

Thanks Arpit

photo

Hi Arpit,

Thanks for the reply. There's no way to do this currently, but I can make a request to devs to see if we can code this into a future version. Would you like to pursue that option?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Sure Eric

photo

@Eric - Please raise an enhancement request for the same.

photo

Hi Eric,

Any Update ?

Kind Regards,

Asif Bhat

photo

Hi Guys,

I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into potentially adding this functionality to a future version of the application. Task ID here is YFN-24577. I've attached this ticket to the task and added your organization as an affected client for tracking purposes. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with any related inquires.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,
Any Updates on this ticket ?
Regards
Arpit Jain

photo

Hi Guys,

Good news - looks like Devs have found a way to implement this, that is slated to be included in upcoming 9.9 release.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Guys,

9.9 has been released with this functionality, you can find the announcement here -

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/announcement/yellowfin-9-9-has-been-published

I'll go ahead and mark this Idea as Completed at this time, feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file