How To Center a Table and Chart

Larry Beasley shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

I wish to display my table and charts in the center of a page when I PDF print.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Larry,

I hope all is well,

From what I can see this is not an option within Yellowfin. I even looked at the possibilities of getting this to work through the canvas - unfortunately our table appears to be set in place with it's positioning.

I have gone ahead and raised this as an Idea. I hope this is ok Larry. please vote to help push for this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

UPDATE

We have gone ahead and logged this Idea as an Enhancement. We will have this reviewed in the near future, all updates will be posted here.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Trust that you are well.

Has there been any update regarding this?

Kind regards,

Mikayla

photo

Hi Mikayla,

I hope all is well,

I have since looked at this Idea raised and unfortunately this is still not possible at report level, however this can be achieved at dashboard level by simply positioning your report/chart to where you want this.

I have attached how this looks at both report and dashboard level

Let me know if that works?

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your response, unfortunately this will not work for us as we have a 6 Co Display report with tables that vary in length.

However we have managed to use CSS to center align the report using the following code:

div.reportTableContainer {

width:1500px;

}

.reportTable {

margin: 0 auto;

}

The issue with this is that it works perfectly fine on the UI, once we export the report to PDF those settings are lost.

Is there a way for us to keep those settings during the export process?

Kind regards,

Mikayla

photo

Hi Mikayla,

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know further updates to this Idea raised. As it stands there is no way to manually change this at UI level so that exporting will centre align table and charts. Going forward we can see that setting this with CSS does work although only within Yellowfin... When we attempt to export this the exporting tool appears to remove the CSS put in place.

What next?

As it stands we currently have this raised as an Enhancement, I have chased this up with the wider team to see. if we can get additional options around this. With this my only recommendations at this point is to use a third party program such as Adobe, this will then allow you to manually centre align everything you need.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

These reports are broadcasted from Yellowfin, so there is no way for us to have a third-party app intercept that before the report is delivered.

Kind regards,

Mikayla

photo

Hi Mikayla,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will raise this in the Enhancement ticket we have as this is clearly an issue as this is not currently supported within YF. Hopefully I can get some answers. Please feel free to check in as often as you can.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file