Activating storyboard theme admin

Joan Poblet shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

Currently we have 3 kind of roles:

1) Administrator: All permissions and functions.

2) Writer: Able to create reports, dashboards and storyboards + permission to admin storyboard themes.

3) Reader: Consume reports.

The problem with the role Writer is that, even with the right permission, the writers are not able to admin the storyboards themes (they don't see the menu option).

This is the configuration of Admin options for this role:

79682204b4cd730cd7aac18460c327b1

Why is that happening?

Thank you.

Regards,

Joan.

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Joan,

I hope all is well,

I have looked into this further running our latest build of 7.2 20170602 and I can see that in order to see the Storyboard Themes having ticked this in the roles permissions, you need to also have the Configuration ticked. This will enable the Admin Console and allow you to see this option. See images below showing this;

98465d9168bfb0af2e4f80f682c531df

c3218690faea61df4643ddffb44dc62a

Let me know if this resolves the issue, if not this might be a case of it being a unique problem to the Interim build of which you have. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

After testing your proposal, we have realised that when granting the Configuration permission, the users has access to many more Admin options than only Themes administrations. Unfortunately, we cannot provide to the Writers with those other Admin tools.

Is there any other way to provide them with only the Themes administration?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Joan.

photo

Hi Joan,

Thank you for getting back to me and giving me a bit more information to this issue that you are experiencing. Enabling the Configuration allows you to gain access to Admin Console, with this comes other admin options, see images below:

ce85a636ea3e46b4e78d095ae677608e

2b6f5c409e1a5ee142cc3e939f793d87

Unfortunately the configuration permissions covers certain aspects of the admin section as they are linked and designed to be used for admin users.

This is normal behaviour within Yellowfin and this can't be helped.

Moving on with this, we could possibly look towards raising something within the "Idea" section, as you can see below I have thought of 2 options:

1. Under Roles > Storyboard - we could add an option to have Storyboard Management for Themes of which can be viewed at user level for all types of users as opposed to just the admin. We could have this as an extra option within our Left Side Navigation menu.
  2. We could consider having this placed directly within the Storyboard Setup section to allow us options such as upload a theme, manage etc. This would then cut out the roles options as mentioned in idea 1 above.
    31ead5b5162382c3101c26d1ca2296be

I would love your feedback on this Joan as this is something that could be submitted within our "Idea" section on our community. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Joan,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base and question if you managed to read through my previous email/post. Let me know what you think. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Yes, I did. I think that the best choice is idea 1 but with the option for Admin profiles to see all themes and mark some of them as public: each user could see his/her own themes and the public ones, the admin users could see all of them and could mark any of the private themes as public.

I don't know if it is feasible or it is too complex, it's just a proposal. :)

Let me know what you think. ;)

Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Joan.

photo
photo

Hi Joan,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will go ahead and raise these 2 options within the "Idea" section. I will update ticket with the link so we can follow this. I hope this is ok and thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

That's ok. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Joan.

photo

No Problem, I am pleased we got there in the end.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hi Joan,

I have since gone ahead and raised these options as an idea, please see the attached link showing this;

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/storyboard-theme-options

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mike,

It's perfect! Many thanks for your help!

Regards,

Joan.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file