Need help in assigning private reports and dashboards.

Kota, Aruna Kumari shared this question 23 months ago
Answered

Hi Team,

Need help in Assigning Private Reports and Dashboards to other user.

There is a User A whose details has been deleted from the database; however, that user is still present in the front end.

We have to migrate the contents of that user to another user.

Please help us with the queries.

For Reports we have used below:

Ran below query to get the list of private reports associated with that user:

SELECT

FROM

reportheader

WHERE

reportstatuscode IN (

'OPEN',

'DRAFT'

)

AND externalaccesscode = 'PERSONAL'

AND ipcreator = 'UserID';

Used below query to make it to Public:

UPDATE ReportHeader

SET ExternalAccessCode = 'CORPORATE',

IpCreator = UserID

WHERE ExternalAccessCode = 'PERSONAL' AND ReportStatusCode = 'OPEN';

Need queries to make Dashboards to Public.

YF : 8.0.6.

Regards,

Aruna

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Team,

Any update on this please?

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Kota,

Thanks for reaching out.

The recommended way to do this type of content access change would be to modify the report / dashboard settings in the UI as the current owner.

We also have the option to migrate content upon user deletion, see here -

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/add-ability-to-deactivate-or-delete-a-user-but-have-the-system-move-content-to-another-user

59461c12589eec7dda1cfb09a373ae2a

If you'd like, I can create a request to include this option outside the delete function, e.g. perhaps a user option here -

07da246aa787c6a581b8496db2051833

Does this sound like a good way forward?

Queries against the Configuration database would be out-of-scope for support; that said Dashboard definitions reside in the reportgroup table, you may be able to associate these via reportgroup*, reportheader or reportinstance tables to adjust access. Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

I tried that migrate content option; however, it did not work.

Hence checking at the queries.

In UI we are not able to access the data of that user as Informed that user has been deleted at the backend.

Regards,

Aruna

photo

HI Kota,

Thanks for the reply. In this case I'd recommend restoring from backup prior to the user deletion, in order to delete the user from the front-end, and migrate the content in the supported fashion. You can also reach out to an account manager to schedule an engagement with our consulting partners for assistance in developing a custom query like this for your specific needs.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

DB restoration I have already asked and customer doesn't have it.

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Kota,

Thanks for the reply. You may have luck with this tool - please keep in mind queries against the Configuration can cause irreparable damage and is not technically supported so please have working backups before attempting.

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/a-stored-procedure-that-allow-an-administrator-to-view-all-private-reports

Let me know if you need anything additional here.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Kota,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this question as Answered at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file