Store and it's customers on a map

D G shared this question 23 months ago
Answered

Hi folks,

Is there a way to place a store on a map and highlight it with one graphic (some building graphic) and all it's customers surrounding it with a different graphic (the map point perhaps)?

I'd like to incorporate the store name, revenue and #customers in the tooltip or however works best. I can see how to get two metrics but not three. Tx

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Dermot,

Thanks for reaching out to support. Yellowfin as GIS Map capabilities - this is a bubble map from our tutorial database.

d7d7659a48c30423515cc80b153b6b97

I don't see any options for something like "icons", but I could create a request of this type of option for customized data points, does that sound like a good way forward?

Maybe depending on the map scale, you could make the buildings tiny geopoint "zones" for a similar effect, would that be a potential workaround perhaps?

This isn't necessarily a hard limitation however; there's also the possibility of using a Javascript Chart or Code Mode to create more customized charting options in the application. If you'd like to look into assistance with this type of content creation, let me know and I can reach out to an account manager on your behalf for opportunities there.

One additional thing to note - no issues with 4 tooltip values on this chart -

357e06d04e8ebfbb602f908facaea35d

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Dermot,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to review my reply at this time.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Sorry Eric - read it and tried so ideas and forgot to respond. One of consultants came up with an idea that worked. Treating stores as one 'type' of entity and customers as another type then changing color based on type. That worked good enough. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file