How to use popups instead of full pages in report table buttons?

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this question 23 months ago
Answered

Hi Guys,

I had received an task to develop some kind of popup in a report to recover some values when the user click in a report button.

It happens that Yellowfin has the exact example I need to develop.

/ba6625c6c81faf5cd995a7214901f566

This report exists in this link below, however, we cannot see how it was developed.

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/analytics-best-practice/dashboard-gallery/liquorio

When we click in the "create button", Yellowfin shows some popup.

I've tried to replicate this very report, but when we configure some column to be a button, we can only pass some url on a parameter. We do not have any chance to pass html or JS code like we can in dashboard code mode or JS charts.

How can I replicate that specific popup in the report builder?

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Renato,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Those are called Report Action Buttons. I found documentation on them here; https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Column+Formatting

If you need specific instruction on implementing them I can reach out to your CSM to see what resources are available to schedule a session with you.

Please let me know if you would like me to do that.

Have a great day!

David

photo

Thanks a lot David,

No need to schedule, I thought it was a quickly question to answer and I tried to reach you guys from here. Maybe if you had that specific report to export so I can see how it was develop or if there's some hidden way to input HTML code into the column formatting URL parameter.

My report also has this Report Action Button implemented, I only need to know how to input a code that can insert a html code in the very report page instead of opening an URL. If you think this can be a complex feature that cannot be explained easily, then I'm gonna skip and implement this in dashboard instead.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Renato Marcello

photo

Hi Renato,

I'm afraid I'm not able to find a demo form with that functionality. Content development isn't typically something that support has resources for, we are more fixing problems, so our content creation skills and knowledge are limited.

I'll check with your CSM to see if they know of anything that can help you.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file