How do a enable dashboards to show report summaries

Jonathan Smith shared this question 2 years ago
Completed

Hi, in my report i have it checked so the report summary will show in a dashboard. When i add the report to the dashboard and preview the dashboard only the chart shows.

Am i missing something, i cant see why it wouldn't show in the dashboard?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Jonathan,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately the Report Summary feature is no longer available within Yellowfin version 9, however to be able to build out the same kind of content, you will need to create separate reports to display the data as required.

What this does give you is more flexibility in how they are laid out, and with the Blueprint feature on the new Dashboards you can quickly create new content without needing to leave the Dashboard.

Please navigate to this link to see Dashboard Blueprint and Quick Charts.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Jonathan,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately the Report Summary feature is no longer available within Yellowfin version 9, however to be able to build out the same kind of content, you will need to create separate reports to display the data as required.

What this does give you is more flexibility in how they are laid out, and with the Blueprint feature on the new Dashboards you can quickly create new content without needing to leave the Dashboard.

Please navigate to this link to see Dashboard Blueprint and Quick Charts.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thank you Mark for getting back to me and letting me know

Jon

photo

Hi Jon,

No problem, have a great week ahead.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

I was wondering the same thing as the person who has asked the question.

Follow up question: Then why is this option still in the Report Summary section? What does it do then?

Sceenshot from Yellowfin version 9.11

7bfc2f3b3de581678c18acf43c76dc56

photo

How in Yellowfin 9.11 can I achieve a chart like the Report Summary, which then I will be able to see in a Dashboard?

Example:

fd3319094dadc5b7c28618ec114725fd

photo
photo

Hi Jan,

I hope all is well,

In order to create something similar to your image attached, you will need to create separate reports to display the data as required.

Please navigate to the below link to see Dashboard Blueprint and Quick Charts.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=37074113

With regard to your screenshot showing Report Summary within 9.11, am I right in thinking this was an Updated Instance from an older version using Report Summary, to which you are now seeing this within 9.11?

Maybe we can have a remote session one of the days this week to go through this? Let me know of your availability with the below date/time;

Tuesday - 12:00/14:00 UK Time.
Wednesday to Friday - 09:30-14:00 UK Time.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I have sent you a meeting invitation for Friday 10 am UK time.
Have you received it?

Regards

photo

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your patience with this. Indeed I got your invitation. Going forward, If we can push this back to 11:00am UK Time tomorrow that would be great? If so please sen an invite out again.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Jan,

Thank you for our call this morning, as discussed I am going to re-mark this as Completed.

Within our call we discussed our options and how to achieve results like a Report Summary.

Have a great weekend and speak soon.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hi Jan,

I hope all is well,

I know it's only been 20 hours since my last response, however, I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can get back to me that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Jan,

I'm going to mark this ticket back as Answered, however, if you need to re-open and take up the option of further discussing via a remote session, I would happily make myself available.

Let me know.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark and sorry I had read your previous comments just hadn't had chance to reply, you had kindly responded to my comment some time ago but then somebody called Jan asked a question on the back of my comment, so i think your last couple of comments need to be directed to Jan not me :)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file