SQL Query for ValidationFunctionName

Ullar Unt shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Is there a way to write ValidationFunctionName as a simple query? For example, FIELD[72431]ARITHMETIC[/]FIELD[77195], it's simply written fieldid 72431 / fieldid 77195, and those field values could grab from the reportfield table. In that way, it would already start to make sense to describe a view automatically.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Üllar,

Thanks for reaching out to support. I've created a developer request to look into whether such a query is available. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this ticket as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello Üllar, thanks for your contact,

Can you please give me more details, i will try to understand and then address apropriate.

Thanks

Regards

Cicero

photo

Hi Cicero,

This field "ValidationFunctionName" appears in the "reportfieldtemplate" table. It should consist of different field values from the reports and views. And if this field is about a calculated field, it gives an expression. For example, the value in this field is written as:

AGGREGATE[SUM]SET[(]CASE[CASE]CASE[WHEN]FIELD[70242]OPERATOR[EQUAL]VALUE[0]CASE[ENDWHEN]CASE[THEN]VALUE[1]CASE[ENDTHEN]CASE[ELSE]VALUE[0]CASE[ENDELSE]CASE[END]SET[)]

The "clean" expression should be:

SUM(CASE WHEN 70242 = 0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

There is a logic behind how the original ValidationFunctionName value could be simplified, simply removing those AGGREGATE..., SET... and so on.

The idea is to get it clean to have an easy way to see the logic behind every calculated field.

I hope it clarifies.

Üllar

Leave a Comment

Attach a file