Report execution was canceled - How to find out why

Bruce Becker shared this question 23 months ago
Answered

Hello,

A report was running for exactly 4 hours and then this message appeared on the screen, instead of the spinning wait cursor. Report execution was canceled.

Why it took 4 hours is another subject, but what needs to be changed to extend the time it is allowed to run. (I'm assuming it was some kind of timeout, but don't see any DB, Java, etc.. settings that equate to exactly 4 hours.

Thanks

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for reaching out. "4 hours" sounded familiar, so I looked at my lab setup and can see it as the default timeout for the YF execution Queue aka "maxopentime" in the JDBC log-

04247859393c956aae7045315cf0ae2c

You can adjust this setting in /appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml -

<!-- Execution queue values -->
    <!-- Uncomment these values if you want to customise the behaviour of the background execution queue.

ExecutionQueueMaximumExecutionTime: The maximum time (in minutes) the reports can be running in the
                                             execution queue before they are killed.
                                             Default: 240 minutes (4 hours)

<init-param>
      <param-name>ExecutionQueueMaximumExecutionTime</param-name>
      <param-value>240</param-value>
    </init-param>

Are you able to influence the behavior by adjusting this configuration value?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thanks, that certainly looks like the key. I've made the change, but will have to run it again later to see if it runs longer the next time.

Thanks

photo
photo

Hi Bruce,

Just wanted to check in to see if you were able to get the change tested at this time.

Thanks

photo

Yes, it has been changed successfully, as far as I can tell.

Thanks

photo

Thanks for the update Bruce, glad to hear things are working as expected at this time. I'll go ahead and close this off.

Thanks,

Eric

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file