Yellowfin Licensing

Pratap Singh shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have a question related to licensing, we are going with one setup as per the image below. Here Server A is the server where the BI instance will be hosted and Server B is the backup server that will be synced with Server A and similarly BI instance will be hosted on that as well.

Server B can be used if Server A will have some issues. Here we are not talking about High Availability but we are talking about Disaster Recovery.

As both servers have different server names, how licensing will work as Licence will be applied to Server A, not Server B, but we can use Server B as well in some cases as mentioned above.

/883e95f9c4cc53bed73c8ab13eeb3584

Thanks & Regards

Pratap

Replies (5)

photo

Hey Pratap,

I hope you are well

In terms of what you would need for this scenario, in your license you would need two hostnames in one license, separated by a pipe. The hostname would look like this "serverA|serverB"

If you would like to discuss this further with your CSM or account manager, let me know and I will facilitate this for you :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

Thanks for the information, I just want to confirm how exactly It works, seems like when requesting a license have to get a license for both servers like "serverA|serverB".

Thanks & Regards

Pratap

photo

Hey Pratap,

Yes I believe that is correct, however, It may be best to speak about the licenses with your CSM as they would be able to help if you would like to discuss options ?

Let me know & I will contact your CSM on your behalf :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Pratap,

I hope you are well :)

I just wanted to check in to see if you had any further questions about this or if you would like me to reach out to your CSM for you?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Pratap,

I hope you have had a good week :)

Just to let you know, as there has been no response to my previous responses, I will be marking this as closed due to inactivity

However, If you do have any further questions about this, please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to help !

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file