Change the Yellowfin's directory

fernando.cardoso shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello, good afternoon.

I would like to know if is possible to change the Yellowfin’s directory.

I already searched on the web, but I couldn't find any result related.

Best regards.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Fernando,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. Yes, it is definitely possible to change the Yellowfin installation directory! I'll detail where to update the installation directory within the Yellowfin configuration files.

The first thing you want to do is update the script that starts Yellowfin. This will either be startup.bat or startup.sh inside the <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/bin/ folder. You'll need to update the line that starts with CATALINA_HOME to reflect the absolute path to the Yellowfin folder:

4ca0ab355a6252658347796cb80101af

Once this is set, make sure you update your Windows service (where applicable). Or your Linux service file.

The next step, you'll want to update the path found in <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml on or around line 6:

f15e22dce2d3f642501f914cbf240028

Once this is completed, start Yellowfin and monitor the <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/logs/catalina.out log file for any startup errors.

Let me know if this helps you achieve your desired results.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hello Fernando,

I wanted to reach out and see if my response successfully answered your question.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

De: Yellowfin Support [mailto:support@yellowfin.bi]

Enviada em: sexta-feira, 28 de julho de 2017 19:09

Para: fernando.cardoso

Assunto: New Comment in "Change the Yellowfin's directory"

photo

Hello Fernando,

It looks like your email either didn't contain a reply, or the reply didn't make it through. I wanted to note that you can also access your Question by creating a log in on our Yellowfin Community. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or issues on this subject.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hello Fernando,

I haven't heard back on this for a few weeks. I'm going to mark this as Answered. If you have any further questions or issues, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file