Compute Percentile values

Armia Hany shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

How to compute the Statistical Percentile Values of the report records ? Is there any function in yellowifn that can do that ?

Percentile means if i have 10 records and i need to get the 50th Percentile value so i need to get the row number 5.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Armia,

Unfortunately Yellowfin does not natively support such a function, so I have created this idea request on your behalf and linked it to a product feature request. Such requests will be reviewed by our Product Team and further updates will be posted here.

For the meantime you would need to use Freehand SQL in order to take advantage of database functions that can give you the results you were after.

If you had any questions on this, or anything else please feel free to reach out.

Thanks,David

photo

Hello David,

ok i get your point thank you,

but if i used the Freehandl SQL query how to include Date filter in where condition according to user prompt value ?

Regards,

Armia

photo

Hi Armia,

You can use user-prompt parameters as mentioned in the linked wiki.

E.g.

/59b11c5381afe109edabf8c5170b8376/2814212521a1427832e67127284917c0

This should give you what you were after :)

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

thank you for your reply it's really helpful,

but i tried to make a SQL-Hand report but in my case it considers the date filter as integer value not date, as the date column is stored as BIGINT type in the database not DateTime type, so is there is a way to convert it to date here ?

264b88e815311add10bce71de6e6c41a

bbc503d5f0b2aededf6dcf87063cf981

thanks

photo

Hi Armia,

Can you tell me what DB you are using, along with a screenshot of the data type of the 'Start_Time' field in the DB, and also the JDBC driver you are using for this connection.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

DB: Vertica database

Start_Time type:

28e6f9405954829015d949853e80cc19

JDBC: com.vertica.jdbc.Driver

Regards,

Armia

photo

Hi Armia, your field is not actually a date, its an integer, YF is simply displaying what it is.If you want to use this field as a date you will need to look at your DB functions to convert from an int to date.

Thanks,David

photo

Hi David,

ok i will check that, thank you so much

Regards,

Armia

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file