Linking filters in yellowfin

Luca shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi everyone, I have a story consisting of two reports where I would like to like certain filters because they use the same view (datasource). Similar to how you can apply filters to multiple worksheets in Tableau (see: https://help.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/filtering_global.htm). However, so far I have not found this option in yellowfin. Is this even possible to do in a story or is there any alternative?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Luca,

Thanks for reaching out with the query.

We can filter the reports individually on a story as outlined here. But unfortunately, we don't have an option to link filters on a story since it is more of a presentation tool in YF. However, we already have a task logged for this feature(Please refer to the idea).

But YF does have the filter linking feature in the dashboards. You may refer to this wiki page.

Best Regards,

Deepak

photo

Hi Luca,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. I hope the information regarding the filter linking was helpful.Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Best Regards,Deepak

photo

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your response. Yes, it was helpful, but I am a bit disappointed to hear that this is not possible. You say that it is possible with dashboards, but I am not able to upload dashboards into a story. Is this correct?

Best regards, Luca

photo

Hi Luca,

Apologies that the functionality you are looking for is still under review and hopefully we will have this included in YF in future. Yes, you are correct. But can definitely embed videos, include content from other platforms like PowerBI, Tableau in YF stories. Please refer to this wiki page for more features of YF stories.

Stories and dashboards are for different purposes so, the functionalities of the two are a bit different.

Best Regards,

Deepak

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file