I want to specify the list size in the leftside filter of the dashboard

Kenichiro Nishi shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

HI,

If you use the filter widget in your dashboard, you can specify the list size in the properties.

/0b18d9ecaaecb2c104ea67ffbb4af470

However, the leftside navigation filter in the dashboard does not have a list size in its properties.Is it possible to specify a list size for the leftside navigation filter?

/aa0e5817dcb27852b6c027e76e0acb46

Best,

Ken

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Ken,

I hope all is well,

I have yet to look into this, so please bear with me whilst I do this. I will update you asap.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Ken,

Further to my investigation I can see that this is not an option and I can also see that by default it lists 20 items;

418325c9be2045301d0488e32f9e5536

Going forward I will have this converted to an Idea ticket of which I will then raise this as an Enhancement with the development team.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thank you for drafting the ticket for Jira.

Thanks,

Ken

photo

Hi Ken,

No problem.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hello Mark,

By any chance can we change the Default vakue from 20 to something else for all dashboard?

Do we have any config which we can change at once for all.

Regards,

Durgesh

photo

Hi Durgesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I will look into seeing if we can provide some sort of query that would set all filter value lists to a certain number of which this would affect all known dashboards with filters as opposed to having to do this manually.

Bear with me whilst I look into this for you. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Durgesh,

I hope all is well,

I come with some updates...

Assuming you want to do a bulk update on all dashboards, the SQL you can run is:

UPDATE ReportGroupFormat SET FormatValue = '<list size>' WHERE FormatKey = 'LISTSIZE' and entitytypecode = 'REPORTGROUP'

I tested this out, and it looks like each record sets the list size for all filters on a single dashboard.

You could add entityId = <dashboardId> to the WHERE statement if you wanted to update a single dashboard.

NOTE: Always backup when possible.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Durgesh,

I know it's only been 23 hours since my last reply, however I just want to touch base to see you had chance to read through my previous message. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file