YF 8.0.10 compatibility issue with Open JDK 13,15,16 and 17

Pratiksha Rane shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

We have observed that when YF is configured with Open JDK 13,15,16 OR 17 reports stops working for Date filter

1) either applied Date range doesn't get into consideration and shows all the records

2)or it throws invalid DateTimeFormat error even though it's correct

Could you please confirm if there is any known issue with Open JDK ?

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

As far as I'm aware, OpenJDK 16 and above are not currently supported by Yellowfin. I'm not 100% sure for Yellowfin version 8, which versions of OpenJDK are supported. If you like I can query this.

Can you confirm that DateTimeFormat errors are not encountered when using OpenJDK 11 in Yellowfin 8.0.10?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

We have tried with JDK 13 and 11 error remains same. Unfortunately I am unable to replicate this issue in BMC Test lab.

"Error retrieving results

Invalid DateTimeFormat '2022-01-01'. Expected date/time format is: MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss"

Custom parameter setting

refreshCache=10;DateTimeFormat=MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss a;DateFormat=yyyy-MM-dd;

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Are you able to send some screenshots of the error and log files, please? As well as a timestamp of when you were able to replicate the behaviour.

What version of Java did you switch to where you observed this worked correctly?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Just checking in with this one, is this still an issue? If so, please could you send in the info requested below.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

We have seen the issue with Pre-defined date period with Open JDK 11,13. Please refer attached document.

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

This does seem related to the AR System driver and custom parameters causing a problem. You said you weren't able to replicate yourself - did you attempt this in a Smart Reporting instance with the same custom parameters and OpenJDK 15? It could be an incompatibility with the driver and OpenJDK.

In the report you showed me, if you remove all the filters apart from the "Scheduled Start Date Less than Yesterday", does the error reproduce or does it require the other filters as well?

If you and I are unable to replicate then it points to an issue with this particular instance, rather than Smart Reporting itself.

I await your feedback.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Hope you're well.

Just checking in with this one - Let me know if you want to go over any of the below.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Hope you're doing good.

Just a quick follow up on this one, were you able to complete the testing below?

While we can reopen this at any time, if I don't hear from you within a couple of days, I'll close this off for now.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file