Port for FTP and SFTP broadcasts

Alicia Beltran shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

The configuration of FTP broadcast is not having the option to set which port will be used.

Here's one scenario, if unsecure FTP port 21 is disabled at FTP host side, to change to SFTP using secure port 22, the previous FTP broadcast will fail, is that right?

How it can be confirmed which port is being used from the application to communicate to the FTP server?

Regards,

Alicia

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Alicia,

I'm wondering if this is possible - I would have thought this is configured via the server.xml but I can't see any relevant lines in there for setting the FTP port. It might be within the database. I'll find out and get back to you.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Alicia,

Have you tried setting the port in the configuration for the broadcast under the server hostname line, for example:

/355a809450bf91b4b79dd0625d3f4c28

Let me know if that works.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello Chris,

Configuring the broadcast including the port in the Server Hostname field results in an error.

If only the protocol is included "sftp://" the broadcast works. i.e. sftp://localhost

For this scenario, I'm assuming that the application will communicate through port 22 as is the default secure port for SFTP.

I reviewed the logs but there's nothing indicating the connection string nor the port being used.

It appears to me that if no protocol is used in the Server Hostname file, the application will try to communicate through unsecure FTP port 21, and if SFTP protocol is used, then, the application will use the default secure SFTP port 22, can you confirm if this is the actual behavior?

Regards,

Alicia

photo

Hi Alicia,

Yes apologies, it does appear that trying to customise the port doesn't work. FTP will use 21 and SFTP will use 22, as it's over SSH.

And as you said, SFTP:// must be defined in the hostname field.

We do have an existing open enhancement to create an option to force the use of SFTP instead of FTP, which might be of interest to you.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Alicia,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

This question has been resolved. Thanks

photo

Hi Alicia,

Thanks for letting me know! Enjoy the rest of your week.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file