Subscribing a user to a dashboard gives error

Niclas Jonsson shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have been having an issue whenever I try to add a user to a dashboard, it comes up with "Oh no! An error has occurred during processing, please try again later". The attach image shows the process I go through to attempt adding the user.

It works if the user subscribes themselves to the dashboard via the "Add Dashboard" feature however our Consumer user do not have access to the Browse tab, therefore we need to assign their dashboards.

Let me know if you need anymore information :)

Thanks,

Niclas

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Niclas,

Thanks for reaching out. What build of version 8 are you currently on? You can find this information under Application Details in your info.jsp file, which can be accessed by appending '/info.jsp' to your login URL. For example, localhost:8080/info.jsp. You can also find this info under Administration > System Information.

This is a known defect that was fixed in 8.0.2. You can download latest build of Yellowfin here.

Please download latest build and re-attempt this and let me know how goes.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Yep, we are using 8.0.1. I will look into updating to the fixed version :)

Many thanks,

Niclas

photo

Hi Niclas,

Great! Thanks for getting back to me. I'll go ahead and close this case out for now then, but if you experience this issue upon upgrading, if you respond, it will re-open the ticket and it will be put in my queue and I'll be happy to assist further. Also, please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Quick question regarding this issue:

Customer informed that it worked in 8.0.1 version and suddenly its not working now.

Customer is not ready to upgrade to 8.0.2.

Any possible solutions here please?

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Aruna,

This was resolved in 8.0.2 which was published in Aug 2019.

14432 - Fixed an issue where it was not possible to add a subscriber to a dashboard.

Unfortunately there is not much we can do here, unless the client updates to a supported release and still faces issues, in that instance we would be happy to investigate further.

Until then there is not much we can do sorry.

Regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file