Allow data transformations in client organizations

Ian Thompson shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

Currently Data Transformations are only available in the default organization.

Expanding this functionality to client organizations is not currently in the road-map but if you are interested in having this ability, please up-vote this idea.

If this feature is important to you, we would also be interested in knowing a bit more about your use case.

Replies (6)

photo

Nathan,

YellowFin is used as our advanced reporting solution for our Point of Sale software.

Multi Tenancy feature is the foundation of enabling clients to report their sales figures.

We have a need for a few of our clients to be able to regularly import reservations data from csv provided by other systems into our client's database to allow reporting of the combined reservations and sales figures. We were hoping to achieve this with the Yellowfin 7.4 transformations feature.

Regards

Ian

photo

Just to revisit this.

Unfortunately at this point in time, this is not something that is planned for the roadmap.

If the need for this grows, we can revisit.

Sorry for the bad news Ian.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

I guess data transformations are still only possible in the default-org, right? Any plans to change that?

Best regards

Ingo

photo

Hi Ingo,

That's correct; for now transformations are only possible in the default org. We do still have this idea open, however the priority is low, due to it not receiving much interest. If more people come and upvote this idea, I'm sure the team would be happy to take a look at it again!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Added my vote to this idea - we have multiple client orgs that use heavy calculated fields in reports the affect performance, and would really benefit from having these data identified and calculations managed in a data transformation and written back to the database to then be aggregated in the report rather than having to find data, calculate and aggregate within the one report every single time it is run.

Thanks,

Brendan

photo

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for letting me know. I've added your support to this idea!

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file