Scatter Plot - Add dynamic reference lines

Zack Wilson shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hello!

Is there a way to accomplish the task of adding dynamic (item specific) reference lines to a scatter plot? The dynamic portion is currently a calculated field.

/74383e9a70486eeb8d774082cf78209c

Thanks,

Zack

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Zack,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this and apologies for the delay. I think there will be a way to do this, but I will need to do some testing tomorrow and come back to you with what I can find.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Zack,

Thank you for your patience. So I have tracked down an existing enhancement request (found here) which is to allow reference lines to be tied to column values in the report which would give you the ability to create a calculated field with the percentage value. I have added you to this request so you can be notified on any progress with this.

In the meantime, to get a close approximation to what you are looking for (as long as I have understood correctly, and it is a little hacky), I have set my scatter plot with a specific width and height, ensured the Scale on the vertical axis is set to Auto and created a second chart (purely for the purpose of accessing the display Canvas). From there on the design page, I have added my scatter chart and two Line widgets around the points I require them. This then allows the chart to change but the reference lines to remain in the same physical location. The images below show what I mean, even when the scale changes the lines remain relative:

/8211bc4e2a3029990d48f315061114c4

/38809c3323a3561793d46e1818ed703c

Please let me know if that is at all helpful, otherwise I will keep you updated on the other ticket for the enhancement request.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Neal,

Thank you for looking into this and adding me to the list! I am not sure that the static lines will work exactly how I need them to as they will not move the same war for each option. However, I do look forward to future improvements!

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

I had the feeling that would be the case, but worth a shot. Will keep you updated on the enhancement.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Neal,

Thank you! Is there any traction on this (as far as being a future enhancement)?

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

Not at this time, I know the devs are pretty deep in the final stages of getting 9.7.1 out at the moment so I don't think there will be a lot of movement in the next few weeks. I will note that the original enhancement has been in the system for about 8 months without motion so far, but if it is a priority for you, I can reach out to your CSM to let them know to add a bit more weight to getting it assessed and hopefully on the roadmap.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file