Can I view the report in a pop-up window in the dashboard code mode?

Toshimitsu Murakami shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Could you please tell me if it is possible to display the report in the same way as the popup in the drill through report?

I know that the action button will take you to the report in a tab in the browser as it is if I set the UUID of the report, but I would like to know if I can transition to the report in a popup.

If not, can you please tell me how to show the report in a new tab? It opens in the same tab even if I do windows.open(url,'_blank') in code mode.

Best Regards,

Toshi

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Toshi,

Thanks for reaching out.

I believe that by default the drill through report would not open the report in new window(please refer to DrillThrough.mp4 attached) but instead it opens the child report in the same tab. Please let me know if that's what you are referring to.

And If we want a report to be opened in a new tab, we may use the actions --> click event --> Go to URL (please refer to the ClickEvent.png) and provide the report URL. And to change the same in code mode we should add target:_blank in the on-click-parameters.

Please let me know if that helps.

Best Regards,

Deepak

photo

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the reply.

I see that the drill through report opens the report in the same tab by default. The settings allow you to specify a new window popup, so I meant to mention that. I apologize for the confusion.

I was able to implement it the way you showed me! (Go to URL) I only had in mind the way to specify the report UUID, so that was helpful. target:_Blank method also seems to be good if you specify it in the HTML tab. I've been trying to implement it with addEventListener in the JS tab for a long time and failed.

Thank you again for your help.

Best Regards,

Toshi

photo

Hi Toshimitsu,

I am glad that I was able to provide assistance on this requirement.

I will go ahead and mark this as completed.

Please feel free to reach if there is anything that we can help in future.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Leave a Comment

Attach a file