Yellowfin Report hang after close the report (keep loading)

leejunru shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi Sir,Good day, I am using Yellowfin 7.1 for the live server. this morning I open my report in Yellowfin. After a while, I close the report and the report cannot close it keeps loading for a long time without going back to the Browse report screen. Could you help me check what actually happen? I have attached the logs files in the attachment.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the log files.

I am just wondering,

1. Did the issue just with one of the report or do you have trouble with all the reports?

2. Can you please tell me when did you restart your Yellowfin service?

I have looked at the log files, I couldn't see anything recorded in the Yellowfin.log file about the issue. In catalina.out I found that Yellowfin is running out of space.

If possible can you please restart the Yellowfin service, and then run the report and see if it still hangs up or not.

Also please send me the screenshot of the info.jsp page. You can access it by typing <Yellowfin URL>/info.jsp

I want to know how much memory is allocated and how much is being used and available.

If your Yellowfin is available on internet, please send me the URL, and temporary login details and the report name which is causing an issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

Good day,

1. I realized it is not one of the report will have this problem. After the report heavy loaded, the report will start hang.

2. I have set a schedule restart Yellowfin Service on everyday 12:00AM.

After I restart the YF service and then run the report and everything is fine. The hang report running well.

I have attached the info.jsp screenshot.

3. Could Sir please advice us how much the minimum memory is required for the Yellowfin BI Server?

Thank You.

Regards,

Lee JR

To: "Lee Jun Ru"

Sent: Monday, July 10, 2017 1:54:47 PM

Subject: New Comment in "Yellowfin Report hang after close the report (keep loading)"

Files: info.png
photo

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply and the info.jsp.

Please increase the Java Memory to 2 GB, you can follow the steps mentioned in this article.

http://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/log-file-error-java-lang-outofmemoryerror-permgen-space

The screenshot and the memory are only for references.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

Thanks for your advice. Could you guide me how to see the info,jsp for the memory utilization, memory left and the total memory allocated for my Yellowfin Server? This is because I need to justify about the lack of memory allocation to run the Yellowfin Server. After this two days I need to discuss with my manager and see how to solve it.

Thank You.

Regards,

Lee

photo

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your email.

Please see the picture below, I have made some comments regarding the memory on the info.jsp:

5c44f8878ca5cdc23af08901f743199a

You can read these articles to get bit more idea.

http://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/what-is-jvm-max-memory-and-why-should-i-care

http://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/what-is-yellowfins-info-jsp-page

Hope this information helps.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Lee,

Hope you are doing well.

I am just doing a followup.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need any help.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

Good day, currently I have no problem. Thank you for your support.

You may proceed to close this log.

Thank You.

Regards,

Lee

To: "Lee Jun Ru"

Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 11:54:14 AM

Subject: New Comment in "Yellowfin Report hang after close the report (keep loading)"

New Comment in "Yellowfin Report hang after close the report (keep loading)"

photo

Thanks Lee,

I will close this ticket now.

Regards,

Mahe

Leave a Comment

Attach a file