I can't use a date function I defined in a View in a calculated field?

Majeed Peffley shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I need to count orders that were place before 3PM and so I used the date function to separate the time from the datetime field. However, when I try to setup a calculated field using the previously defined Hour Date function it doesn't show up in the list of field options

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Majeed,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, Date function can't be accessed while creating a calc field because Date functions are basically used to setup date drill-down hierarchies and are different from normal fields.

However, to get the count of orders placed before 3pm, we may use the date field as filter(set to less than 15 - assuming its in 24 hours format) in the report and then set the orders column aggregation to count (if that's what we are trying to achieve)

Please let me know if that helps.

Warm Regards,

Deepak

photo

Hi Majeed,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. I hope my response regarding the date function and the workaround helped.Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Best Regards,Deepak

photo

Hi Majeed,

I hope things are going well over there.

I believe that the workaround helped. Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best Regards,Deepak

Leave a Comment

Attach a file