Share a Dashboard URL with Non User

EDW Support shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi

Please can you confirm if the option to share a dashboard using a URL link should work for non registered users.

It works fine for reports but it's unclear whether it works for dashboards.

I've found an old ticket from 2 years ago 'https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/how-i-can-share-a-dashboard-url-with-a-user-without-creating-a-user' but a new ticket has been raied that I can't view.

Thanks

Wendy

Replies (4)

photo

Hey Wendy,

I hope you are well!

Yes! Sharing a dashboard via URL is possible to do without having a user sign in :)

There are a few things you may need to check off before actually being able to do so, but just to quickly show you, this is my dashboard while signed in -

6ebd7924899c30ddede16db450529b8e

And this is my dashboard using the share URL link, without signing into yellowfin -

c1b96dcf626ecc98b8f62e37274675de

Ok so you will need to ensure the following -

1. you have a guest role defined

2. you have enabled Personal Dashboards inside that Role

3. Your content (reports in the dashboard & the dashboard) is marked as 'unsecure' - you can mark content as unsecure by clicking 'share' on reports and dashboards and selecting the 'Unsecure' option

a5589ab8900a635501daf21c0d4abfc0

4. your content folder (sub folder) which contains this content is also marked as 'unsecure' within the user access tab

5. you have enabled 'Allow External Access' in the Configuration Authentication settings

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Wendy,

I hope you are well & had a lovely weekend :)

I just wanted to check in to see if my response was any help at all?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley

All good thanks, looking forward to a break as I'm sure you are.

Yes that helped thanks to confirm our set up is correct. We are having issues where the link is taking us to a login page instead of the dashboard and needed to confirm it should work.

Our ops team are dealing with the issue so I will close this ticket.

Thanks for your hep. Have a good Christmas.

regards

Wendy

photo

Hey Wendy :)

I will be working through to the new year, this year...but I am looking forward to those 2 bank holiday days!

Yep I am currently working on this issue in a separate ticket with your Ops team

I hope you have a lovely time off, great Christmas & a happy new year!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file