how do you link multiple fields in a minus or intersect sub query

Andy Young shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

when you append a sub query you can link more than one field from the master query to the sub query. You can't do that with a minus or an intersect sub query. I have tried combining the needed fields in the view, but then that new field is not available for "filter from the master Query"

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting in touch. Quick question here, what do you mean by "link fields"? Do you mean use these fields in a final calculated field, or linking the filters using the "link to filter" functionality. It might be helpful If you could provide me a screenshot of what you are attempting to.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

when I do an append sub query I can make multiple links/connections/joins to fields in my subquery.

I have attached what I am referring to as "link"

photo

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the clarification and sorry for the delay here. While it is not possible to include multiple fields in a single minus sub-query, you can create multiple sub-queries with each desired dimension in them.

In the example below my first minus sub-query filters on group where group="A" and the second filters out various names.

2dd6d42d8a2e8ce905e194d704050da7

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Im doubtful that will help, but I am going to need to see if I can change the view (or make a new one) and combine that with this suggestion.

My challenge is that my ERP system has a few instances where I don't have a unique field, but I do have a few fields that when combined give me a unique number. For example I have orders (this is a unique number) that we ship to the customer, but within them we have lines that are numbered 1 and up and are for each different item in the order, and then we can have releases (numbered 1 and up) for each line. So lines and releases aren't unique numbers, but they are when combined with the order number. The challenge is that the job to makes these things is connected to the release in the ERP system.

Another option I have thought of, is to make a field in the ERP database that does make me a unique field that is the order/line/release.

Im am going to play with some options and let you know if I have further questions.

photo

Hi Andy,

That sounds good, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Andy,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file