custom header

Nick shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

While referring to https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/user80/Custom+Header+and+Footer

It seems that in some environments(8x), there is the need to rename the file as logo_header1.gif or logo.svg, otherwise it doesn't get picked up. Cache is cleared every time.

Would you know how this file is being picked by any chance?

Thanks,

Nick

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Nick,

When you say you have to rename the file, do you mean that the default names mean that the standard Yellowfin logo is shown, or rather a blank space?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Renamed as logo_header1.gif or logo.svg

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Hope you had a good weekend!

Apologies if I'm not following your original question. The file must be placed in the folder \Yellowfin\appserver\webapps\ROOT\customimages - Yellowfin detects if there is a file in the folder with the same name, matching that in the images folder and replaces it accordingly.

When choosing the file to use, Yellowfin should do that check on boot and requires a restart. Are you saying that your environments are not finding the file on boot?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

It is grabbing the custom image, but in one environment, it is grabbing the header_logo1.gif, while in another environment it is grabbing the logo.svg file.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for clarifying there.

Can I get info.jsp files for both environments? I might have to do some testing to see if I can replicate the behaviour and then put it to the dev team to see what the supposed behaviour should be.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Nick,

Hope you're doing well. Let me know if you still want to take a look at this one and see if I can replicate this behaviour.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hey Chris,

No longer need this.

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

Nick

Leave a Comment

Attach a file