PDF Bookmark for reports with multi sections

Chakra shared this idea 6 years ago
Not Planned

Hello,

Hope things are going alright. I wanted to check with folks here in this community about an issue that I'm facing. I'm not sure if that is really an issue or some setting that I need to configure.

I've reports with multiple sections applied (Company > Organization > Group for example) . When I export report to PDF, I'm unable to see bookmark link in PDF so I can straight away navigate to specific point that I'm interested in.

This works pretty good in BO and I know there is an option to enable bookmark for sections in BO report.

I wonder if there is any such option in smart reporting that I need to enable. I've searched in section formatting but couldn't find anything relevant. Looked under PDF config option in Admin console but couldn't find anything. Not sure if I'm missing anything.

I've attached a snapshot of what I'm referring to. Appreciate if someone can please assist.

Version: YellowFin 7.3

Thank you,

CT

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Chakra,

at the moment this is not possible in Smart Reporting, however, it's a good idea so I've created an enhancement request for it (YFN-9436)

Thanks for the input!

regards,

David.

photo

Hi Dave,

I was wondering if PDF bookmark feature has been introduced in the latest 18 version? If it is not, do you know when YF is looking to get in this ? Appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,

CT

photo

Hi Chakra,

no your PDF bookmark idea has not been implemented in the latest version 8.0.

At the moment it has been marked as Unplanned so I don't know when Yellowfin will be looking at it.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

CT

photo
photo

Hi Chakra,

I hope all is well,

Further to the comments made 10 months ago about this being marked as unplanned; this is still the case and unfortunately looks as if we have no plans to implemented this.

Because of this I have gone ahead and changed the status of this to Not Planned.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Do you know if this will be planned for implementation in the future or anytime soon?

We are converting SAP BI reports to BMC Smart Reporting (Yellowfin) reports and this particular feature is stopping some reports from migration.

Regards

Sherwin

photo

Hi Sherwin,

I have since looked at notes of this within our ticket that we have within our development team and from what I can see this still has the status of Not Planned.

What next?

If this is a blocker and is something that needs to be looked at then we can escalate this further with the wider team to see what options we have. Would you like me to go ahead and do this?

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

That will be helpful to check if there are other options or workarounds to achieve this in pdf reports.

Regards

Sherwin

photo

Hi Sherwin,

Thank you for getting back to me, with this I will reach out to the wider team to see where we stand. I will go ahead and change the status of this to Not Planned, however as stated I will question this further... I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Unfortunately at this point in time, there are still no plans to implement this feature at the PDF level.

What may serve as a better purpose and user experience is to provide users access to the reporting platform, that way they will not only be able to navigate reports, they will be able to interact.

I think the best option here would be to use YF Present as you will get your PowerPoint like slide deck , with so many other features.

Hope this helps, and apologies if this does not.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file