Is it possible to change/disable the default report description?

Siim Neljandik shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Is it possible to change/disable the default report description?

We have had a number of users who are confused by the dates in there. Since the date is not useful for us, it would be great if we could just have it in the default value.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Siim,

Thanks for reaching out to support. Changing report descriptions in bulk should be possible with a manual adjustment of the reportheader.reportdescription field in the Yellowfin configuration DB.

c608fa07d1c7b41c95e204078f38fe17

Please ensure you have working backups before attempting these types of changes, as it can potentially cause irrevocable damage to the system and is out-of-scope for support.

I could also make a developer request to include something like a "default report description" added to the content configuration page, would this be a desirable outcome in this case? Happy to do that as well.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello,

Yes, the developer request would be nice, because getting the capability to customize it would be great.

All the best,

Siim N

photo

Hi Siim,

Thanks for the reply here. I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into offering this type of customization in a future build. I've included your organization as an affected client and attached this ticket to the task for tracking purposes. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll in turn mark this topic as Idea Logged for now.

Thanks, Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file