Restrict the type of broadcast and share

Richard Convery shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

The aim of this enhancement is to ensure that content is kept securely in the Yellowfin environment. This enhancement will prevent users from emailing content outside of the environment, keeping the data safe

Restricting the type of sharing of a report:

• Navigate to a report
  • At the top of the page select the share button
    /ffba40fedfe212864d3f564e7943f736
  • Select 'Email'
  • Enhancement is to create user permissions to manage the users' abilities to export to each export option. In this case, the customer would like to only allow users to email a link to the report
    /7f5bb7b127d33b40a3049c72d8e78bea

Restricting the type of sharing of a report:

• Navigate to a report
  • At the top of the page select the broadcast button
    /eb5a87f2f5cf6c3ce406bdb4dfdde821
  • Create new broadcast
  • Enhancement is to create user permissions to manage the users' abilities to broadcast to each option. In this case, the customer would like to only allow users to broadcast a link to the report
    /796ebbbda3991110638858b18580c089

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Richard,

Thank you for raising, I will investigate this further to see what options we have. Please bear with me whilst I do this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Richard,

I hope all is well,

We already have this feature available within Yellowfin, however we do not have the level of request that you require when it comes to having users send Broadcasts. As it stands it's a case of turn this off or turn it on but users will have access to broadcast in many file types.

95c3ba02d91f68f16bf674be0b3e0e7d

Unticked

Broadcasts no longer available, however Share is still there although they only have the option to share/embed link.

a78b468f783001bb9d53a40473ecbfc9

7ea8be3171c2b1f2911dcbd02d44e5fb

Ticked

All options available with sharing/broadcasting etc.

5bd0e1da937dba404677480de17af1f5

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Richard,

I know it's only been 24 hours since my last response, however I just want to touch base to see if the information provided has helped. If you can get back to me that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

This is great, thanks Mark. The client will still need the enhancement, so please can a JIRA ticket be created?

photo

Hi Richard,

Thank you for getting back to me. Just to confirm I will go ahead and submit the following Enhancement:

"Enhancement is to create user permissions to manage the users' abilities to broadcast to each option. In this case, the customer would like to only allow users to broadcast a link to the report"

5ee02746701c7e0a0561b3b993725ce4

With this I think it would probably be beneficial for users to have some form of setting that allows certain items available i.e. turned on/off.

Having confirmed the above I will get this logged asap.

Regards,

Mark

photo

That's perfect, thanks Mark.

photo

Hi Richard,

Thank you for confirming, I have gone ahead and raised this with the wider team.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file