Show hard return and tab characters (rich text) in report

Jan Hettema shared this question 2 years ago
Completed

I am creating a report that shows comments that are stored in a Postgres database. These comments contain hard returns to go to a new line and Tabs for formatting. These returns and tabs are not showing in the report lines, but they are showing in the corresponding hover window when I hover over the field in the report.

My question is if there is a way to have the comment/text field shown in the report with the text divided over multiple lines, just like it is shown in the hover window.

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Jan,

Thanks for contacting Yellowfin!

If you change the formatter for the field to Text Replacement, that should preserve those newline characters. Let me know if it works for tabs as well.

/13db9944b4cc4e7c9d4595fe104fba44

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hu Chris,

Thanks for your help.

Using the "Text Replacement" formatting does work for the hard returns so that is great. It does not work for the tabs though, but I am not too worried about that anyway. Most import for me is the hard returns to be working. Would be good if the usage of tabs or some other formatting like bold or underline could also be added in a later stage, but this is fine for now.

photo

Hi Jan,

No worries, that's great to hear! If you like I can create an enhancement to have tabs added as a future supported character.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Thank you, it would be nice if you could create the enhancement to have tabs supported in a future release.

Kind regards,

Jan

photo

Hi Jan,

No worries, you can find that request over here: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/add-tabs-support-to-the-text-replacement-formatter

I have a quick question, as you're posting from an @gmail.com address, can I ask which of our clients you belong to?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

I am at De Volksbank in the Netherlands, we are just in the process of starting with Yellowfin.

Kind regards,

Jan

photo

Hi Jan,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll mark this one as complete.

Enjoy the rest of your week and welcome to the Yellowfin community!

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file