Linked filter/global content filter on dashboards

Tim Clark shared this problem 2 years ago
Completed

Can you link filters on a dashboard - to reports in the associated reports widget? Such that if you have a filter on a dashboard, that filter could be inherited when you click on one of the associated reports?

/add80ce4c43745dedffd35e7c3486173

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Tim!

Sorry for the delay! This sounds like a good candidate for an enhancement. If I understand it correctly, you would like to pass filters applied in the current dashboard to be 'passed' to the associated report when you open it. For example, since I have applied the demographic filter of 'Adventure' , if I open the associated report, it would automatically be filtered to show Adventure. Do I have that right?

If so, I will go ahead and log an enhancement. If I think of a workaround, I will let you know!

/3addf8753b1fb7466ef54037b3a0d0d8

Best,

John

photo

Yep you got it! Thx!

photo

Hey Tim. Asif is right. I did some more digging on this one and found a defect related to this behavior. You should be able to link filters to associated reports. The idea being that when the filter link dialog appears, the associated reports should be listed as options. As you can see in the screenshot below, that is not the case.

b049c733f62da975beaa636119757c60

I see this is already logged as a high priority detect. I will add you to the dev task for visibility.

John

photo
photo

This should be a DEFECT rather than an enhancement as this used to work fine in V7.4.

photo

Hi Asif,

I hope all is well,

I've since chased this up as to why this has been put forward as an enhancement, no updates as of yet, although I will keep you updated as and when I can.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file