RowLimit Query in Yellowfin

Asif Bhat shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

We have below queries on RowLimit config -

Scenario

1) Lets suppose we have rowlimit set to 100k at the data source level.

2) We created the view on top of that data source.

3) Created a report on the view created in step 2.

4) Now the records returned by the report can't exceed 100k as we have set the data source limit to 100k.

5) Is there a way we can overwrite the rowlimit at report level so that we can fetch more than 100k records for that specific report without making changes at the data source level.

6) Also is it possible we fetch more than 100k records when we perform the export operation.

The goal is overwrite the rowlimit for specific reports only which are trying to fetch large data.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Kind Regards,

Asif Bhat

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Asif,

Thanks for reaching out to support.

This type of row limit management isn't possible currently, but I could create a task for developers to investigate potential solutions, would you be interested in pursuing this?

The way to achieve this currently would be to create a separate view for reports with large row limits, and employ row limits at the view level. Hopefully this works?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

That won't work as well because View rowlimit won't exceed the data source rowlimit.

photo

Please go ahead and raise an idea.

photo

Hi Asif,

Thanks for the reply here. I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into potentially adding this functionality to a future version of the application. I've attached this ticket to the task and added your organization as an affected client for tracking purposes. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this ticket as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file