Needs values inside all charts

Karthik Kannan shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Dear Yellowfin Team,

For some reports values are displaying inside the charts, for some charts not. please provide the option to show the values inside all charts and also provide the option to show the values inside the Pie and Donut charts.

Thanks in Advance,

Karthik K

Best Answer
photo

Hi Karthik,

To follow on from Mark here, I wanted to offer a suggestion to use multi-charts. You can get the chart you were after quite easily.

E.g using the ski team DB.

I'm counting number of athletes vs region.

24276694ea4ffcb5adda176042c75718

I build my first pie chart7e5eeed9dee087446838389803e06078

cf63185d3e04bcac4590ccd46ba0fcb0

I then build my 2nd chart, which is going to be used as the label

710b11932a685f27630d5b2b478d6968

Now on the report designer, I just put the label inside the pie.

83fcf03522a3dc5b49ff1e05fc88a7b5

So the multi-chart can give you lots of options, but to even take a step further, you could also create any chart you want if you coded it with javascript charts in 7.3+

Hopefully this gives you the results you were after right now. If this does not please let me know.

Regards,

David

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Karthik,

I hope all is well,

This feature is known as "Chart Labels" and unfortunately this option is only available to certain Charts, see below:

Horizontal Bar

3D Horizontal Bar

Stacked Horizontal Bar

Cylinder

3D Stacked Column

GIS Map (any)

Pie (any)

Funnel

Radar

Waterfall

With this we have discussed this before within the Yellowfin Community and we can find this with the below links:

http://community.yellowfin.bi/topic/how-can-i-add-labels-to-other-charts-than-the-pie-chart-e-g-column-charts

http://community.yellowfin.bi/topic/labels-on-line-chart

I also want you to be aware that this has been raised with our Devs and we are currently awaiting an update on this.

With regards to having this within the Pie and Donut (Ring) Charts, we do have this feature although we can't have these embedded like we can within our Bar Charts. The reason for this is because the Pie and Ring Charts tend to have limited spacing between each data result there for we can't add a Label to fit between these. See the below example;

dc109f53617129db3f501c1a5dbefc91

As you can see it would be hard to add a Label between each data result hence why we have these Chart Labels coming out. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply,

I understand the clarifications you given for Pie & Donut charts. But to reduce the no. of slices, i am using the Other Segments as 20%, because of this normally i will get limited slices in some charts. In this scenario, Chart Labels are very much useful and also. you may also provide Rotate Value Label option, so that according the size of the slices, the designer will decide the rotation value to display the Chart Labels.

Regards,

Karthik K.

photo
photo

Hi Karthik,

To follow on from Mark here, I wanted to offer a suggestion to use multi-charts. You can get the chart you were after quite easily.

E.g using the ski team DB.

I'm counting number of athletes vs region.

24276694ea4ffcb5adda176042c75718

I build my first pie chart7e5eeed9dee087446838389803e06078

cf63185d3e04bcac4590ccd46ba0fcb0

I then build my 2nd chart, which is going to be used as the label

710b11932a685f27630d5b2b478d6968

Now on the report designer, I just put the label inside the pie.

83fcf03522a3dc5b49ff1e05fc88a7b5

So the multi-chart can give you lots of options, but to even take a step further, you could also create any chart you want if you coded it with javascript charts in 7.3+

Hopefully this gives you the results you were after right now. If this does not please let me know.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Karthik,

Just checking in to see if the provided solutions has resolved this?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for the information that you provided. for the time being i am going to use the information while creating reports. But waiting for the more features in the upcoming versions.

Thanks,

Karthik K

photo

No problems.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file