support synonym views in ms sql

Tim Clark shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Looks like YF does not support synonym views? (https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/connect-to-a-sql-synonym)

is this still the case?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue. I'm thinking you would like to see this functionality if possible? I'll check with my colleague Jared who handled the previous ticket about this - I'm not seeing any "won't do" tasks outright in our dev platform initially, but I do see an encouraging enhancement task just recently implemented -

Added an advanced configuration to control some Oracle data source objects and synonyms. 

This fix is tagged against version 9.6.1. Are there particular RDBMS types you are looking to implement this with, beyond Oracle?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

we are actually looking fo this in MS SQL server - let me know thx!

VIP_logo_for_email_signatures

Tim Clark
802-655-9400 ext.2941
tim.clark@vtinfo.com
www.vtinfo.com

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 2:21 PM Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi> wrote:

photo

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the update here. I'll check with the team to see if we need to make a new task for devs to get synonym support for MSSQL, or whether they're maybe already working on this. Will follow up here.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Tim,

I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into this issue. I've added your organization as an affected client and attached this ticket to the task. Updates will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this as Idea Logged at this time, feel welcome to reach out with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file