Ability to simultaniously view/edit multiple reports and dashboards

Ingo Klose shared this idea 7 years ago
Completed

I know it is not possible in Yellowfin at the moment, but I have seen it work in other web based BI tools.

I would like to be able to open up more then one report/dashboard at the same time, eg to compare something, or maybe I have a dashboard with auto refreshing that I need to keep an eye on and want to work on some other reports in the meantime etc.

In the age of browser taps and multitasking that is how some people prefer to work. ;-)

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Ingo,

I definitely understand where you're coming from and how it could be useful.

This idea has been discussed quite a few times in the past though unfortunately is still not something we are planning on supporting.

With 7.3 we do now have more options for data preview and analysis in both the view and chart builder, which I believe will continue to be a trend for future release.

At the point in time the only way you're going to get side by side instances of YF is to use incognito browsers (or 2 completely different browsers) with different user accounts.

Sorry for the bad news on this.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Ingo,

Just letting you know that after much discussion, this is something that will be reviewed again by the product team in the near future. No promises of course, but if there are any changes on this, I'll let you know.

Regards,

David

photo

This feature is now available (in settings) in v9.2. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Jason

photo

Correct Jason!

Looks like this task was incorrectly linked in our system.

Multi-tab support was definitely introduced in v9.

Appreciate you coming back to comment on this!

Thanks!!!!!!

photo

Hi,

I just want to understand how I can use this functionality.

How I can open 2 reports in the same tab?

Am I missing something?

I have a simple requirement I want to open more than one report same time on the same BI instance on the same tab.

is it p[possible? if yes can show one example and let me know what setting I need to do.

Thanks & regards

Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap, I've amended the previous link to go directly to the wiki page outlining this feature here: Using Yellowfin in Multiple Tabs .

Please let me know if you have further questions on this after checking out the above article.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

I understood this, It is fine when we are using a standalone BI application, but here I have one concern.

If BI is integrated inside another application with iFrame, It will lead the report to out of parent application in a new tab, not inside the same iFrame.

Regards

Pratap

photo

Ahhh.. that is a fair point Pratap! That unfortunately is something out of YF's control as it would rely on your application and how sessions are handled within the browser. There is nothing you will be able to do with YF code to address that. Sorry .

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file