If possible to add with (nolock) hint in the report SQL scripts under Drag and Drop Builder

Steven Sun shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

May I know if it's possible to add with (nolock) hint in the report SQL scripts under Drag and Drop Builder?

Thanks and regards

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your question. This is not possible via the Drag and Drop Builder, the only way to set the Isolation Level is via the Data Source itself (under Connection Settings). Please let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Thank you for the advice.

I'm not clear what you mentioned about the isolation level, how to add with(nolock) hint under this Isolation level?

Sorry for my confusion.

Regards

photo

Hi Steven,

Based on the following understanding of what with(nolock) does, I suggested modifying the Isolation Level of the Data Source to achieve the same outcome (though this would be for all reports, not specific reports):

"In other words, the WITH (NOLOCK) table hint retrieves the rows without waiting for the other queries, that are reading or modifying the same data, to finish its processing. This is similar to the READ UNCOMMITTED transaction isolation level, that allows the query to see the data changes before committing the transaction that is changing it"

Using the above, you could set the Data Source Isolation Level to "Read Uncommitted". I have also raised "add with (nolock)" as an enhancement request to be assessed and considered for a future release. Before becoming a request, ideas will be reviewed by our Product Team and chosen for Enhancements based on feasibility, level of positive impact to the user experience, and votes from the community. This post will be updated with any future information relevant to this process.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Thanks for the patient explanation, I'm clear with this now.

Much appreciate it!!

photo

Hi Steven,

Not a problem at all, glad I could help.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file