How can I create a link to a word document on a dashboard.

Jeanique Marais shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I need some assistance in linking a word document to text on a dashboard. We have a how to guide that is in word that we would like to add to the dashboard. The idea is that the user will click on the "Help" text and the word document will open. I know you can do this within a report and link it to a column. Can anyone assist in doing this on a dashboard?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Jeanique,

Thank you for your question. Can you please confirm which version of Yellowfin you are using? If you are on one of our 9 releases (eg 9.6.1) you could look to add a Button to the Dashboard and set the Action as "Go to URL" and then direct to the Word doc. An example of this is below, where I have stored the SeeReport.docx file inside the ROOT folder (/yellowfin/appserver/webapps/ROOT):

/c16d2f18eea790754fdf6c09f65e644e

Please let me know if this will work for you.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Jeanique,

Hope you are well. I wanted to check in to see if the option I provided you will work for your situation? Is there anything else I can do to help here?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal

We managed to do this by hosting the document on a shared drive. We thus had a URL we could work from. Thank you for the assistance

Leave a Comment

Attach a file